-The Smith Family-
William Chandler Smith, his wife Anne Jane and 10 children moved from Harriston, Ontario in 1884. He passed away 9 years later and left his land to his many children.
40 acres with Portuguese Creek running through it was left to his son, James Broughton Smith (Jim).
Jim managed to buy more adjoining land in the early 1900s, married Katherine Elsie Redding in 1927 and had 3 wonderful children.
His only son, Tom Smith married in 1961 and took over the farm. Sadly Tom passed away in 1996 but his wife Jo and their descendants are farming the very same land today.
Currently the farm sits at about 190 acres and runs grass-fed beef cattle and pasture raised lamb, pork and poultry.
We have been proudly supplying the Comox Valley with excellent quality meat for the last 135 years!